Friday, June 13, 2014

I procrastinate sometimes...ok, a lot

So Father's Day is Sunday... and I have been wanting to do something for a while but didn't really take any steps to do it and now I REALLY want it done to give to my dad so my posts for the next few days are going to be pretty short and everything is going to be work in progress pics on that so that come Sunday, his gift is done, or at least MOSTLY done.

My dad is a musician. I am an artist. Therefore..... this needs to happen.

Strings removed, scrubbed and touched up. This is a pre-loved and now discarded guitar.
It's fully playable and in pretty good condition. I thought it deserved new life. Upcycle for the win!

There is actually a theme to this, I'll explain more as I go.

Rough outlines of things... it's hard to see in this pic





Thank goodness I work fast. :D
Now onto the challenge! We're on day 13. Wow!
Today's art prompt is MUSIC! Do something with music, either artistically or actually musically. If music isn't your thing then listen to music you love while you create!
I am not musically gifted, but my dad, my husband and my daughter all are, which is amazing for me in many ways, but I am the type of person who needs music in my life like most people need food and air. :)

It's going to be a busy couple days, but a good few days. I love to make things for people, even more when there is a lot of meaning behind them.


Link up your work!




4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this finished. It should be very cool. I am not musical either, but my brother is. We listen to music all the time - varying from one style to another. So today while I tangle I will hum along. Not loudly since I hate to hurt anyone's ears, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZendLa #94 - I actually had a lot of trouble getting started on this ... then I remembered the string is just a suggestion. After a couple of changes I was good to go. Tangling paradox makes me very happy, so does dancing & who doesn't love flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how it turns out. So cool.

    ReplyDelete